Need a little help

Boz1911

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
404   0
Reaction score
P2010064.jpg

I need some info on this Smith revolver. It has no "Model" designation. I assume it's a pre model 14 since it looks just like the one I have sittting under my computer. It has a six digit serial number starting with 330 located on the bottom of the grip frame. Obviously it has been modified, has a 5 inch barrel and a very light smooth double action trigger. Anything you can tell me would be helpful. Thanks

That looks like a pre-Model 14...It's definitely a "Five-Screw" gun, and the Rib looks like a "One-Off", NOT one from one of the "Recognized Rib Makers"...Also, it looks like the Factory Barrel was "Cut Down" to it's current length, and do I detect a SMOOTH Trigger? If so, THAT was also done by a 'Smith, presumably at the same time as the "Rib Job" & Action Work...

FWIW, the Rear Sight looks like a reasonably well-made unit, but I can't place it...It's NOT a Millett or Bo-Mar...Mebbe' taken off of a Dan Wesson? OR it could be a Behlert, but IIRC the rear surface of the Behlert's Blade was SERRATED...Could it be an Elliason off a Python??? Hmmm...That's a very "Interesting" Piece!...HTH....mikey357

The barrel may have been cut as it has a target style crown not the radius like the model 14 in front of me. The trigger is indeed smooth. I'll pull a Python out of the safe and compare rear sights. The rear sight is fairly heavy duty. Gonna shoot it his weekend, I have never felt a double action trigger like this one. Any thoughts on value?Thanks for info

Last edited:
the rear sight and front site are Dan Wesson style, this gun was probably built for silhouette shooting. I can't identify that rib, but the sight are Dan Wesson, the rear sight probably has extra elevation range and the front is for interchangeable color sights, yellow, red,white.
Have you taken the grips off? Many pistol smiths will sign their work somewhere on the gun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom