• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need advice

I use Bullseye, Unique, W231, Greendot, Reddot, there are dozens....just have to experiment to see what you like!

My suggestion....go to LGS, buy ANY powder on the shelf, go home and check reloading manuals to find what calibers your recently purchased powders work well in, buy firearm in that caliber.

Order at least three different Manufactures, of reload manuals and read!!

If you haven't already done so, this is the absolute best advice given ... DO IT and you will save yourself a lot of angst both now and in the future!

My favorite is Lyman's 49th (it has a good section of reloading recipes as well (including most pistol / rifle calibers commonly reloaded today) , the ABC's if reloading is also very good -

Remember: Reloading is safe ONLY if you know and follow ALL of the necessary steps in preparing, inspecting, processing, and loading your cartridges!
Shortcuts and ommissions in these steps WILL lead to disaster!

Afterwards, .45 ACP is a fairly easy cartridge to reload; just stay away from loading lead until you have become comfortable with loading jacketed (or plated) projectiles.

The 45 acp is a easy caliber as to powder selection, bunches of them.
I myself like Accurate #5, but unique, red dot, green dot, win 231, HP -38 the list just goes on and on.
depends on what you are loading and how stout or mild that you want it.
the replies on learning and researching are well placed, if you understand what you are doing its not brain surgery, if you don't then its much like bomb making!

Back
Top Bottom