Need Advise: Security Cameras and Motion Lights

The main problem i have is my doorbell is shorted and i need someone to help fix the wire so i can run a ring cam. I even know where its shorted at if i can get someone to repair it that wont cost me a fortune, lol.
Let me ask, in the corners of your house what do you use for power? The floodlights, run a different wire or what?
41mag 41mag youncan get the battery powered ring. Lasts a month or more on a charge and cheaper than chasing gremlins. We did that at my old house with a similar problem.

We also have stand alone solar lights in the far corners. No wires to run or worry about, which is nice.

The low volt stuff was here when we bought, we just added some spots and floods.

Went with Reolink POE NVR 5 years ago. Just updated to their new AI system to cut down on false readings.
pretty happy. Everything is CAT hardwired and we can view remotely. The new system is not the cheapest but having POE and no power supplies is great. Basement and main floor have sentinel modes. Plus the house is 5G EMC wired with entry sensors and motion sensors. Decent area but one never knows.

Attachments

• 136E1E2C-FAB5-44F9-82D3-32046964DB4F.png
    136E1E2C-FAB5-44F9-82D3-32046964DB4F.png
    1 MB · Views: 30
The main problem i have is my doorbell is shorted and i need someone to help fix the wire so i can run a ring cam. I even know where its shorted at if i can get someone to repair it that wont cost me a fortune, lol.
Let me ask, in the corners of your house what do you use for power? The floodlights, run a different wire or what?
Hit me up I can fix it

Hit me up I can fix it
Ottoman has said he will be able to stop by this week and look….he is suppose to come and change my AC filter and all too. That wire is broke right at my AC unit in the attic where the last guys from another service come and did AC work and shorted the wire right there where i cant get to it. I am not able to crawl up there myself. Thanks for the offer, i will keep you in mind if he cant get out soon :cool-new:

When is he comin
Ottoman has said he will be able to stop by this week and look….he is suppose to come and change my AC filter and all too. That wire is broke right at my AC unit in the attic where the last guys from another service come and did AC work and shorted the wire right there where i cant get to it. I am not able to crawl up there myself. Thanks for the offer, i will keep you in mind if he cant get out soon :cool-new:
When is he coming? I need to get him something.

When is he comin

When is he coming? I need to get him something.
He has not said yet….just texted me earlier and says he will be by this week.
Do you want to relay something to him? You are welcome to drop it by and i will absolutely make sure he gets it? Or we can contact you when he decides to come?
I hit him up last night with a PM and asked him to come soon, he said this week….? Lol.

Back
Top Bottom