• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Advise: Security Cameras and Motion Lights

Dogtown Darren

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
287   0
Reaction score
Hello, ODT friends! I need some advise:

My neighbor came over today to talk, and told me early this morning at 2:30, three young men, with their faces partially covered, came up on their porch and knocked on their door (there was a fourth man that stayed out in the yard). The one knocking on the door saw that they had a Ring camera, and they took off running.

So....unfortunately, it looks like I need some advise on Ring Door Bells, security cameras, motion lights...all that jazz.

Please feel free to give me some advise: what works for you, what to avoid, anybody you know in the business that can point me in the right direction. It can be DIY, or I'm willing to work with a professional installer.

I don't know jack about any of this stuff. Nada.

We've lived here 24 years (south Paulding County) and never had any trouble what-so-ever, but I guess it was bound to come to this eventually. Any help or advise you can give us is greatly appreciated.

Solar motion lights are easy to put at all corners and anywhere you might have people try and walk up. Do that

We have used ring and SimpliSafe. Helps if you have a system already and they are pretty much just plug and play.

Another is low volt landscape lighting. Cheap to run, dusk to dawn, and we have ours set up that there’s nowhere to hide. Compared to the neighbors houses we look like an airport.

You will never be a hard target. Just gotta be harder than the neighbors.

Hello, ODT friends! I need some advise:

My neighbor came over today to talk, and told me early this morning at 2:30, three young men, with their faces partially covered, came up on their porch and knocked on their door (there was a fourth man that stayed out in the yard). The one knocking on the door saw that they had a Ring camera, and they took off running.

So....unfortunately, it looks like I need some advise on Ring Door Bells, security cameras, motion lights...all that jazz.

Please feel free to give me some advise: what works for you, what to avoid, anybody you know in the business that can point me in the right direction. It can be DIY, or I'm willing to work with a professional installer.

I don't know jack about any of this stuff. Nada.

We've lived here 24 years (south Paulding County) and never had any trouble what-so-ever, but I guess it was bound to come to this eventually. Any help or advise you can give us is greatly appreciated.
Advertise your surveillance system to the hoodlums too. Most come with options for signs and window decals.

Solar motion lights are easy to put at all corners and anywhere you might have people try and walk up. Do that

We have used ring and SimpliSafe. Helps if you have a system already and they are pretty much just plug and play.

Another is low volt landscape lighting. Cheap to run, dusk to dawn, and we have ours set up that there’s nowhere to hide. Compared to the neighbors houses we look like an airport.

You will never be a hard target. Just gotta be harder than the neighbors.
The main problem i have is my doorbell is shorted and i need someone to help fix the wire so i can run a ring cam. I even know where its shorted at if i can get someone to repair it that wont cost me a fortune, lol.
Let me ask, in the corners of your house what do you use for power? The floodlights, run a different wire or what?

Back
Top Bottom