• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need AK47 INFO

RELOADER

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
17   0
Reaction score
Well guys I think I'm going to buy my first AK47 this winter. I have been wanting to pick one up but have always put it on the back burner in the gun buying list. I am planning on beginning my homework now so I have a good idea of the history and overview of this weapon before I buy one. But with that said these things are all over the place and you cand find them in just about every grade and brand known to man I would dare say. So my question to you guys is what are your opinions on this gun and which model is the superior of them all? What models and designs do you like? Wood verses synthetic? What are they running price wise and is the ammo affordable? Can I reload my own rounds? As you can see I have alot of questions and Yes I plan on Googling my but off, but I just wanted to see what other members had to say on the AK47. Thanks.

I like the MAK 90s.

You have to do a little work if you want to change out that silly stock. There is something called 922r which you need to comply with if you want it changed from the factory config (to look like a traditional AK.)

-here is a great checklist which will help you through some of the options:

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyCompliance

In my opinion, MAK90s are some of the best made AKs ever imported-and they can be had pretty reasonably.

I like the MAK 90s.

You have to do a little work if you want to change out that silly stock. There is something called 922r which you need to comply with if you want it changed from the factory config (to look like a traditional AK.)

-here is a great checklist which will help you through some of the options:

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyCompliance

In my opinion, MAK90s are some of the best made AKs ever imported-and they can be had pretty reasonably.

+1 on the MAK's. Just threaded mine, Ironwood stock on order. Info here http://922r.com/ You need 6 US parts to keep the Imported parts to 10.

If you do get a MAK expect to spend about $150 to make it compliant so figure that into the price of the ones you are looking at.

Want a real nice one? Look up hwmike listings. He has some very nice one's.

+1 for the Mak 90. I have 3 Mak 90's and a NHM 91, which is the long barrel version of the Mak. They are all as good as it gets to me. I've owned two milled Ak's and the stamped Mak 90's are plenty robust enough for me, unless you plan on running over them with a bulldozer. Changing out the stock isn't a biggie, I put back original chinese buttstocks and leave the matching stock handguards. I change out the trigger group, mag followers, and add a US pistol grip to make it 922 compliant. Mak's can be had for ~$600, which is only $100 more than a WASR, kind of like spending the extra $100 to get a Glock instead of a Sigma.

i581.photobucket.com_albums_ss259_wsbrown4273_2012_05_29_16_06_12_377.jpg

why wait till winter? thats election season. but it now while they are priced high and not priced retardedly high

Back
Top Bottom