Need ammo for a 35 winchesterself loader

dlciman

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
0   0
Reaction score
Looking for ammo to convert/reload for my ol' 35 WSL. I've got a box of original ammo but I'm gonna save it. I've heard you can make it from another case and would like to shoot this old rifle again. I got it from my great uncle and killed my first buck with it. I bought the rifle and 13 bullets for $100.00 back in 1981. I found an original box of bullets in an old Virginia gun shop in 1985 and paid $50.00 for the full box. I have not fired this rifle since I took the buck. Anyone done this or doing this now?

THAT is what I was looking for! Someone told me long ago about trimming the cases of another cartridge but I could not find the specifics. Thank you very very much! Now if I could just find another magazine or two I would be set. I've scrounged gun shows for years and have yet to find one. I found it odd that an article was ran about the 35 cartridges this month and this was considered the most useless cartridge ever made. While it may not be popular I really enjoyed shooting it and as stated earlier hunting with it. I have the ability to make these now and will look forward to toting this old familiar again!

Back
Top Bottom