Need AR front sight/gas block help...

2001SportTJ

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
122   0
Reaction score
I'm looking to find a new gas block and folding front sight for my AR. I'm a n00b when it comes to AR's so I don't know too much about all the aftermarket accessories. I want to get the front sight out of the way for my EOtech.

I tried one of those railed gas blocks(can't remember the manufacturer) and it did not sit even with my DD rail and just looked cheap so I took it off and returned it.

What do you guys recommend?

Here's a pic if it helps...

i606.photobucket.com_albums_tt141_2001SportTJ_A1D5DB21_FCEC_4B4143e3ac28f39c1759d42591beac8225.jpg

I recommend you leave that A2 pinned FSB alone and learn to cowitness. If it bugs you that much, get a riser for the eotech and shoot with a lower 1/3 cowitness.

I recommend you leave that A2 pinned FSB alone and learn to cowitness. If it bugs you that much, get a riser for the eotech and shoot with a lower 1/3 cowitness.

I might have to get a riser for it then. Right now I can't even see the red dot on anything but the front sight post. I'll try to get a pic of it...

I might have to get a riser for it then. Right now I can't even see the red dot on anything but the front sight post. I'll try to get a pic of it...
With a regulate cowitness the center dot will sit right on top of the front sight post. The Eotech is supposed to be used with both eyes open so you shouldn't notice the FSB at all. I have the same setup on my goto gun.

Anybody got a link for a riser? I just looked on EOtech's website but didn't see anything. It's an EOtech 512.A65 if it matters.

With a regulate cowitness the center dot will sit right on top of the front sight post. The Eotech is supposed to be used with both eyes open so you shouldn't notice the FSB at all. I have the same setup on my goto gun.

Even with both eyes open I still notice the FSB. It looks really cluttered and takes my attention away from the red dot.

Back
Top Bottom