• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need Carry Input

I have an LC9 and Shied. The LC9 is fine but it only comes with 2 6 round mags and I HATE the long trigger and crappy reset, but they sell after market fixes.
The Shield is really nice. The trigger is very nice, it comes with a 7 round mag and an 8 round with a grip extension. I got a spare 8 rnd mag online for $25 and a nice leather DeSantis iwb/owb holster for $20.
Of the guns mentioned the Shield smokes the others.

I really like the LCP for pocket carry. While it is not the most accurate out to 50 yards and doesn't have the least amount of recoil, the gun performs excellent for what it was intended.

For a small single stack 9mm IWB, I really like the Smith & Wesson Shield. I could probably pocket carry that in cargo shorts, but don't have a holster for that yet.

Here's what I use, you can sometimes find them cheaper.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeSantis-M-...0942654749?pt=US_Holsters&hash=item4865a0611d

LCP gen II is great pocket carry. Goes everywhere I go...Hogue grip is a must but at eight bucks, well worth it!

Attachments

• EDCI 001 - Copy.jpg
    EDCI 001 - Copy.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 21
I carry a S&W bodyguard 38spec with hollowpoints. Its hammerless, has a laser and although its a 5 shot I carry just 4 in it so one is never in the barrel unless I pull the trigger and put one in it. Safety first. Great stopping power in the 38, obviously the projectile is the same size as a 357 magnum and used to be standard police issue for a reason. For me its small enough and light enough to carry with shorts on or in dress slacks without producing a bulge thats noticeable. Not to mention the reliability aspect of a wheel gun, durable and no ejection jams.

Last edited:
Xds 45 with critical defense ammo is a true pocket protector haha. It is slightly more concealable than the shield ( smaller around the trigger guard area). Very manageable recoil(imo) although felt/perceived recoil varies per individual. If u go lcp or lc9, def go with gen 2 for enhanced trigger pull.

Back
Top Bottom