• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need cheap fencing ideas for dogo

CBH13

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
164   0
Reaction score
recently got a resuce and while he's doing fine in the house i know the need for a fence is coming up fast. Looking to see if anyone has any ideas on how to cheaply fence in roughly 175ft. I've looked up the deer fence and kinda like the idea for a cheap way to go. tyring to keep it under 1k.

welded, dog wire fence, AKA 2x4x36 welded fence is cheap (100' for $70)and adequate for dogs. T posts are $3-$4 each and can be spaced 10 feet if its level ground. you will have to set up pulling H posts in the corners.
Field fence is even cheaper but a little harder to work with if you've never built fence before.

Are you saying 175' square OR 175 sq ft ?

welded, dog wire fence, AKA 2x4x36 welded fence is cheap (100' for $70)and adequate for dogs. T posts are $3-$4 each and can be spaced 10 feet if its level ground. you will have to set up pulling H posts in the corners.

This,ugly but effective,if he tries to challenge it,heat it up for a few wks.

Field fence is even cheaper but a little harder to work with if you've never built fence before.

yah i've been looking at this method as he's only about 30lbs so i doubt he'd be tearing through much. and perimeter around 175', im figuring around 2000sqft

If welded wire is used, the ground must be level in order to pull wire tight without "Bellys" in the wire. Knotted wire or "Field Fence" works better than welded and last MUCH longer.

Back
Top Bottom