• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need FACTORY revolver recommendation.

kingofnapier

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
3   0
Reaction score
I'm looking for a light trigger pull .38spl revolver for someone without a lot of hand strength. Pulling the trigger on an RG-23 .22 revolver required a lot of straining. Want to get something that can be shot without pulling back the hammer. I'll go .22 if I have to but prefer .38. I like the heavier guns because it'll be less recoil them. Right now I'm looking at a Rossi 841 and a Taurus 82. Semi-auto's are out of the question. Don't want to do any trigger jobs either. Any suggestions?

Trigger pull on most Brazilian revolvers is stout & gritty. Maybe a Ruger LCR or a little S&W would fill the bill as they have decent triggers out of the box. My SP101 with a Wolff spring is pretty good as well...

The only thing I can offer is that some trigger pulls right out of the box are very heavy. I have found that using snap caps and dry firing, make sure you have snap caps and not live rounds in the cylinder, will smooth out the trigger pull greatly. My S&W M642 was heavy and not very smooth right out of the box, but after dry firing it several hundred times, the trigger is not nearly as heavy and is smoother. Since you do not want a trigger job, that is about all I can offer.

Back
Top Bottom