• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need guidance on a CC holster for a Kahr PM9.

GaMudd

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
G44L
28   0
Reaction score
I've had my GWL for some time now but have only pocket carried on random occasions. I'd like to be more consistent with it (especially after reading some of the recent posts here).
I'd like to get some input from you guys with experience on an IWB holster for a Kahr PM9. I'd like something that clips on to belt or pants and that has a slight angle or cant to it. I've seen several posting about guys buying 3-4 holsters just to find out they don't like them or they don't suit their needs. I really would like to avoid that learning curve.
Thanks for the help.

Trouble is there is no way to avoid the learning curve. What I like you may not and vice versa.

That said many people I know of like the CrossBreed style of holsters. I purchased a Kholster.

For the PM most guys I know of just use some pocket holster or another, they have the PM for pocket carry and something larger for other styles of carry. Personally I carry a K9 in my pocket and I use a Bianchi 6D ATB IWB type holster for that. I like that it has the clip on it for IWB carry and when I want I can clip it onto the edge of my pocket for easier access.

http://www.kholster.com/

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=6D

I carried a P9 in a foxx holster. $39 bucks SHIPPED. It is as comfortable to me as my crossbreed was for half the price and you get it in a week. www.foxxholsters.com

I still have the holster but the P9 is gone. Pm me if you want to work something out.

A PM9 can be carried comfortably in a lot of holsters. The PM9 is a fantastic little piece and if you spent the money on it, don't cheap out on the holster. The kydex hybrids are good, comfortable, but I don't like the metal clips. they are not the easiest to take on and off. I prefer belt loops and I prefer all leather. I went through the learning curve and to me the best holsters are the Milt Sparks VM style. There are a lot of good holster makers nowadays. Stay way from the single clip holsters. They seem like the answer at first, especially with a little gun like the PM9, but they suck for carrying for long periods of time. Invest in a good all leather holster with belt loops. The PM will disappear and it will be extremely comfortable. Texas gun leather, Kelley gun leather, Nick Matthews. All make really good stuff. Old Faithful Holsters is a good kydex/leather choice and they have a 30 day guarantee. That's a good risk-free way to try that style to see how you like it.

I'd definitely have to recommend Tommy Theis at theisholsters.com. He is a vendor for this site and makes a quality product. I've tried a few of the cheaper holsters, and while they do work, they are not comfortable. Theis holsters are great holsters and are comfortable enough that you will forget it is there.

Back
Top Bottom