• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need help choosing

Kyzrsoze

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
188   0
Reaction score
I recently purchased an Ontario Airforce survival knife for my father. He had been looking for a nostalgic replacement for the one he carried in Vietnam, and he is so pleased to have one again.

Anyway, it got me thinking about a tough survival knife for myself. I am not knowledgeable on the subject, and I am looking for suggestions for a tough, versatile, do it all (or do a lot) fixed blade knife. I like the saw blade feature on my dad's knife, but what else should I consider?

If you are looking for a great survival knife I suggest looking at Blind Horse Knives. I personally like these knives because of quality steel (01 tool steel) and materials (Micarta). Each knife is full tang so you can comfortably baton wood. You could also look atHabilis knives. They are similar in quality and they are also made is GA. I have not personally owned one of their knives but they use similar materials. Good luck.

I have a USMC Kabar my buddy got me while in the corp. That thing has stayed sharp after heavy use, including wood chopping etc.

Back
Top Bottom