• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help... question for anyone looking to buy an AK

Jester7

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
95   0
Reaction score
I've been debating selling my AMD65 to fund another gun (AR10). My issue is that I always pimp guns I buy to some extent, so when I picked up my AMD 65 I replaced the original hardware, and added some enhancements that interested me.

My question is (not necessarily for the purists but those that are considering buying an AK)... would you be more likely to buy an AMD 65 with the original hardware (I would leave the cheekweld piece unless someone just hates it)...

Here is what it looked like new:

pix397389446.jpg

I added Mission First grey hardware, a solar tactical MFer and a charging handle extension and the checkweld piece:

IMG_3019.jpg

I have 5 tapco mags (to keep it legal), original box, cleaning kit, etc. and around 1000 rds of 762 ammo. The addition of the stuff I added would add about 200 bucks to the cost.

I figure I can return it to the original format and sell the other stuff separately, if needed.

Let me know YOUR preference...

Thanks, J

on the AMD it needs some mods. the original grip sucks, the handguard beckons you to use an oven mitt when firing, and there is no way to get that thing on target repeatedly without the (i assume amd65.com) cheek riser.

if this was an arsenal or norinco, id feel different, but bubba this one up. of the lower priced AKs, these are the most fun by far. the fireball and <BOOM> are awesome.

good luck with your sale.

on the AMD it needs some mods. the original grip sucks, the handguard beckons you to use an oven mitt when firing, and there is no way to get that thing on target repeatedly without the (i assume amd65.com) cheek riser.

if this was an arsenal or norinco, id feel different, but bubba this one up. of the lower priced AKs, these are the most fun by far. the fireball and <BOOM> are awesome.

good luck with your sale.

My thoughts as well and it's not like an AK with nice wooden hardware...

Honestly...don't know why maybe just me but I would much rather prefer and would more likely buy original.

As a lover of all things AK, I think the only use for an original config AK is hanging on the wall or for use plinking at the range. Personally there is a handful of changes I do to all my AKs to make them more suitable for hunting and training.

That being said many people like them original or prefer to add their own customizations. I would at least provide the original config or just sell your mods separately.

As a lover of all things AK, I think the only use for an original config AK is hanging on the wall or for use plinking at the range. Personally there is a handful of changes I do to all my AKs to make them more suitable for hunting and training.

That being said many people like them original or prefer to add their own customizations. I would at least provide the original config or just sell your mods separately.

Guys, I agree, thanks for that. I will go to the original configuration and let people decide how to mod :)

Well, personally as I own an AMD 65, I would leave the cheek riser on and return the rest of it back to original. That's just because the lack of the cheek weld is my only complaint with the AMD 65

Back
Top Bottom