• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NEED more Prayers for Mom, PLEASE!! UPDATE: post #48

Hands.JPG

Hey y'all, need to ask for prayers for my Mom. She had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital.
Severely Dehydrated & w/ a UTI. The hospital gave her saline & antibiotics. Which she had a reaction to
and was OUT OF HER MIND for 24hrs. She lost motor function in her legs and couldn't walk.
Finally, today she is able to get out of bed w/ help & sit in a chair. The LAST 72hrs have Sucked for our family.
It almost seems as if she has given up. We are taking it day by day, Praying that she can come out of this Medical episode.
Prayers from others would be helpful. Thank you my BROTHERS!!
Prayers for your Mom and family. Mom's are special.

Hey y'all, need to ask for prayers for my Mom. She had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital.
Severely Dehydrated & w/ a UTI. The hospital gave her saline & antibiotics. Which she had a reaction to
and was OUT OF HER MIND for 24hrs. She lost motor function in her legs and couldn't walk.
Finally, today she is able to get out of bed w/ help & sit in a chair. The LAST 72hrs have Sucked for our family.
It almost seems as if she has given up. We are taking it day by day, Praying that she can come out of this Medical episode.
Prayers from others would be helpful. Thank you my BROTHERS!!

Prayers, buddy. Chancrs are that your Mom didnt have a reaction to the saline/antibiotics...probably the UTI causing the mental gymnastics.

My Mom has had these several times. Got to the point several times where she couldn't feed herself for several days. About 4 days worth of Cipro antibiotic and she finally snapped out of it.

UTIs can cause a chemical imbalance in the brains of the elderly, particularly women. I've known a number of older women who've had similar experiences. Make sure to have the Dr perform a 72 hr culture so they know for certain what bacteria they're treating.

My experience is that many Drs are not at all familiar with UTIs in the elderly. I've had to be on top of the Drs when they've treated my Mom. Many just want to immediately discharge them from the hospital. I don't think this is covered much in med school.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom