Need motivation

I'll see what they have, probably rent one if they do that. I need something better than the pot metal ones from HF, they are definitely not up to the task of heavy pulling. I am going to see what is available online as a permanent set. I used to have some decent ones, but evidently I loaned them out and they never made their way back home.

Upper intake, valve covers and wiring removed. Ford in their infinite wisdom put a foam engine cover on, and all the gaskets are stuck like concrete from the trapped heat, and wiring loom is brittle and beginning to fall apart.

This was the easy part. Next is the hard part.
Those are not fun in the car. Better when you can pull it all out and work on it like a bench!

Another milestone. The timing cover is off. Yay! They sure do make it not fun to work on these engines. Next is align timing, lock down the cams and remove the chain. Then I can clean gasket surfaces, replace the water pump, replace chain and tensioners with new ones, and begin the process of putting it all together. It’s going to be hard putting the cover back on and not smear sealant resulting in a leak.

Attachments

• IMG_7007.jpeg
    IMG_7007.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 12
How do you guys motivate yourself to do decent sized complex projects on your off time? I need a trick, gimmick, whatever it is to get myself started and actually complete the task. I'm 51, handy to the extreme, but getting less motivated everyday. The task I've been avoiding is installing a new water pump in my daughter's Ford Edge. It is a major PITA and will take all weekend and possibly longer, and I do not look forward to the back strain I know is coming. I know, just man up and do it, right?? I'm procrastinating hard here.
Pay a good mechanic.

Back
Top Bottom