Need opinions of my ODT family on what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen one mention of the ammo the buyer Used.
Shooting diffrent brands of ammo and reloading it, I know the some brands have a thicker lip than others and it could be a headspace issue?
Another problem could be reloads where the primer isnt set deep enough.
He could have bent the arm slapping it shut as well causing a bind.

Way to many variables and you dont know what has happened to it in that time frame!!

I have not seen one mention of the ammo the buyer Used.
Shooting diffrent brands of ammo and reloading it, I know the some brands have a thicker lip than others and it could be a headspace issue?
Another problem could be reloads where the primer isnt set deep enough.
He could have bent the arm slapping it shut as well causing a bind.

Way to many variables and you dont know what has happened to it in that time frame!!
I've seen ridiculous variations in rim thickness in 38 spl. even when the manufacturer is the SAME!

As I have been here for a while but not as long as others, You sir have had some of the most beautiful guns on here. The only Un-Molested gun I have bought was from alleycat alleycat and he let my daughter shoot it. I felt so bad I bought it. With 461 positive feedbacks here I would not feel anything but eagerness about buying one in your collection. If it was shot in 1978- it would of done the same thing. I would take it to my gun smith and get it fixed as I don't often buy those that cant be shot.

I just ran 6 32 longs through my great grandmothers smith and don't know how she hit the dog when my dad took it away from her.

As I have been here for a while but not as long as others, You sir have had some of the most beautiful guns on here. The only Un-Molested gun I have bought was from alleycat alleycat and he let my daughter shoot it. I felt so bad I bought it. With 461 positive feedbacks here I would not feel anything but eagerness about buying one in your collection. If it was shot in 1978- it would of done the same thing. I would take it to my gun smith and get it fixed as I don't often buy those that cant be shot.

I just ran 6 32 longs through my great grandmothers smith and don't know how she hit the dog when my dad took it away from her.
I appreciate the kind words.

Wait…..you felt bad?

If the buyer would have contacted you the next day with said problem, I could understand wanting to help him out. He has had the gun multiple days and fired numerous rounds thru it while letting other people mess with it. I wouldn't take it back or pay for any repairs, that's just my opinion.
QFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom