• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need opinions of my ODT family on what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a revolver expert to check it out.
alec-guns.gif

The disclaimer I put on guns when listing...

***Need to note, unfortunately, as it happened to me...once, and will only happen once. If I sell/trade a gun with you, and you take apart beyond the normal factory recommended procedures to clean/lube and it breaks...it is your problem. I don't know your gunsmith credentials, if any. I had to eat a gun I sold and this happened. I fully refunded without knowing the full extent of the damage. A couple of gunsmiths later, I was told, when in doubt on removing something involving threads, keep applying oil to loosen it up on a gun- DON'T manhandle it. Lesson learned for me, and now I am putting this disclaimer in.

I wouldn't offer him anything past what you already have. I have done a "return" but it was due to something other than issues and was a barrel, not a full on firearm. The way I see it, it's a collectors grade firearm by your description and he devalued it not only by firing it multiple tines but by also possibly being the one who damaged it. You attempted to make it right to the best of your ability. To me it sounds like the buyer is the one being unreasonable. It is more think likely something simple and a relatively inexpensive fix but they are probably paranoid and having buyers remorse.

Not till you told me that who sold it to wouldn't of if he knew you were to shoot it. It WILL be shot but only for you or special occasions. She is out of the country till December, lets go when she gets back.
Reminds me a good dude in Ill. that I bought a Belgian FN/FAL 50.00 from years ago. When I was leaving his shop he asked me where I was headed to next and I said, "The range of course. I want to shoot this thing."

The ****ing look on that guy's face was priceless. He screamed, "I kept that rifle in my safe for 20 years and never fired it one time!"

I said, "I'm about to remedy that."

He should have got a bill-oh-sail.
It would protect him in this situation.

I joke of course....
Used gun sold as is.
As previously stated, there is no way of knowing what could have happened to weapon once y'all departed the sale or what kind of ammo was fired through it.
Your offer was more than generous.

Reminds me a good dude in Ill. that I bought a Belgian FN/FAL 50.00 from years ago. When I was leaving his shop he asked me where I was headed to next and I said, "The range of course. I want to shoot this thing."

The ****ing look on that guy's face was priceless. He screamed, "I kept that rifle in my safe for 20 years and never fired it one time!"

I said, "I'm about to remedy that."
Yess that's it. It will be shot but only on special occasions, if it only had a threaded barrel.

Good to know, so I'll buy a gun from you then shoot bubba's pissing hot reloads through it and make you pay for the repairs.
I was gonna say I have run across revolvers that had had hot reloads shot out of them. Broke them internally, same symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom