• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need some basic accounting software reccomendations

Nate

Default rank 5000+ posts
GET TO DA CHOPPA!
286   0
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I run a very small irrigation and landscape installation company and I was wondering i there is a cheap and simple accounting software I might use instead of my old paper ledger books. I have no employees so I don't need payroll. Any of you guys have suggestions?

Thanks,
Nathan

You really need Quickbooks over Quicken Home & Business. Save you from moving later.

You can buy it or do an online subscription. There are some steps to setting this up so consider getting help if you need it.

Thanks! Yea quickbooks seems to be the standard. I'm pretty handy with excel. I'm thinking of modifying a ledger template to suit my needs but I'm guessing some features of a software like quickbooks would make it worth the cost

I used Quick books on line for about 12 years. The support was pretty good, they had backup, and you could share with your accountant, branch office etc. Really had no complaints.

I've been thinking about doing landscape and mowing business. Found a free program called Yardbook. It's for landscape business and lawn mowing.
I haven't really checked it out I'm planning on it soon.

I used Quick books on line for about 12 years. The support was pretty good, they had backup, and you could share with your accountant, branch office etc. Really had no complaints.
I have used Quickbooks Pro since 1999 and it's great. I have all my history in it, it will write checks, do invoices and remind you when someone is late paying plus will add in late fees if you tell it. It has more reports than you will ever need and will track your business tax reports. For just a little over 200 bucks a year it will save you hours of time.

Back
Top Bottom