• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need some PanamaCityBeach Deep Sea/Land/Pier Fishing HELP!

JustAGoodOleBoy

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
12   0
Reaction score
Hey guys so i finally booked a condo for me and the wife this july down in PCB and i was wondering what are the best tours and companies to book us a deep sea fishing trip, 1 Day Around 6-8 hours, my wife has never been and i really want her to have fun.

ALso i would like to do some pier or bank fishing and ive never been fishing in PCB so i have no clue where to even start down there, what bait,tackle, etc.. should i consider getting. I wanna go as prepared as possible. thanks guys

In july they catch some big sharks off the pier at night, its worth just going and watching no need to get there till bout dark, I was on the pier back in the late 80s or early 90s when the biggest shark ever was caught off the pier , if I remember right it was 900 lbs, im sure someone else can remember more that I can about it, all I know it took most of the night to reel it in.

Shine a Q beam in the ocean outside the condo and you will see more sharks than you can imagine.St Andrews Park has the jetties,and you can charter or do the headboat.

If the wife has never been on the water before, one of those anti nausea patches might not be a bad idea. I think you need to get a script nowadays for them.

If the wife has never been on the water before, one of those anti nausea patches might not be a bad idea. I think you need to get a script nowadays for them.

oh yea trust me i will def have some motion sickness medicine on hand, she can barely handle a car ride, but 1/2 a dramamine does the trick.

i just remember reeling in my girst texas gulf redfish when i was a kid and how fun it was to fight it, i want her to experience it.

One thing for sure if you charter a fishing boat all you need to do is bring your cooler/snack and show up...If they are an up and up charter they should supply everything you need to fish the trip except cleaning your catch.

Hope you have good time..post pics!!

One thing for sure if you charter a fishing boat all you need to do is bring your cooler/snack and show up...If they are an up and up charter they should supply everything you need to fish the trip except cleaning your catch.Hope you have good time..post pics!!

And some will do that...maybe a small charge

The fish market at Captain Anderson's marina charges 50cents a pound. In July red snapper is closed but gag grouper does open back up.

One thing for sure if you charter a fishing boat all you need to do is bring your cooler/snack and show up...If they are an up and up charter they should supply everything you need to fish the trip except cleaning your catch.

Hope you have good time..post pics!!

Don't forget sunscreen and zinc for your ears.

Every captain I know cleans or has his mate clean the fish. Just remember, these captains don't make a hell of a lot of money and the mates make even less. The charter may sound expensive but marine fuel is not cheap. Tip generously.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom