• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need spotting scope recommendation

Just an FYI - I was looking to upgrade my spotting scope just lately.
Since I work at a range I'd ask people to check out their spotting scopes.
I learned a couple things worth mentioning I think.

One is once I got to 300 yards, my old eyes had a difficult time finding .223 holes even in the white side of an IPSC target.
Regardless of who made the scope!
My cheap Barska that I bought for $125 years ago worked just as well for 200 meters and under.
If you're not going out past 200 a cheap Barska 20x60 will work just fine for you.

Second, I found that the more expensive the optic the brighter it was, but that didn't change the fact that the holes were too small for me to see. That was an eye opener for sure, because I was prepared to spend $500 to $1,000.

I decided not to purchase another spotting scope, but I learned a lot in the process.

What I did end up with was the Bullseye Ammo Cam.
The 300 yard and under one was $325 and the one that goes out to a mile was $625.
(I picked up the one that goes out to a mile.)
It's incredible. I've played with it a lot lately and I'll have it out to 600 meters again tomorrow.
It doesn't miss a shot. Not even on a 2'x4' target board with (10) 8 1/2" x 11" sheets on it.
It didn't matter whether I shot the top left or the bottom right, it found it.
You can mark shots different colors for different ammo, put the specs of the firearm in, measure shot groups, save the whole session, print it out and half a dozen other cool things some of which I haven't played with yet.
It set up so easily even an old guy could do it.
If you could come up with another $125 you would never regret it.
But a Barska could do the job at 200 for a couple hundred less...

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom