• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need suggestions for suppressors

Some people can't get past the eccentric design, but the Osprey 45 has been awesome on everything I've hung it on and I get zero blow back on my mpx, which is a concern on a lot of reviews from people running cans with less internal volume. It's shape does help shoot pistols with non Supressor height sights as well. Can be on the pricey side tho

What other calibers would you run through the suppressor? Some 9mm suppressors will run supersonic 300blk. Many use 45 caliber suppressors for caliber flexibility.

Jake,

It won't be the BEST suppressor out there, but there are plenty of 9mm Form 1 Builds you can look into. My last 22 suppressor on a form 1 was 30 days, that was approved I believe last month. Now we are looking at avg. 35 days for form 1. If you need it quick and just want suppression, then I would go that route.

If you are willing to wait, I'd get a omega 9k. Great for pistol and subgun.
How difficult is this form you speak of. Is there some place for guidance?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

20191001_104717.png
How difficult is this form you speak of. Is there some place for guidance?
20191001_104717.png

All jokes aside, Form 1s are super easy and there's a plethora of online resources on NFA forums and reddit that walk through the process. Some people get weird requests from the ATF like submitting blueprints/plans of what you want to make, but if you have access to the right tools you can get a pretty good product after the 30~ day wait.

Just my 2 cents, I bought a multi caliber suppressor a couple years ago and although interesting, rarely use it. Have close to $1400 in it with fees, taxes, etc. Biggest waste of money I remember. Subsonic bullets are usually weak, costly and not have much range. Things to consider. I can shoot up to .338 magnum in mine. I usually have .300 blackout because everything else subsonic has same or lower power.

Go BIG! Like a racing engine, there is no replacement for displacement!

Seriously, you most likely will NOT need a full-auto rated can. But something that handles from .458 SOCOM to .338 Lapua is the best (quietest?) band for the buck.

Back
Top Bottom