• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need the ODT Gunsmithers HELP.......AR, Gas Block FSP)

meastt

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
103   0
Reaction score
OK gents,

I was attempting to remove a A2 style front sight gas block on a Bushmaster AR today. I understand that the pins are taperd and its critical to punch the smaller end so it can fall out, I am doing that. I was able to get one pin out but the second pin WONT BUDGE and now im starting to mushroom the small side of the pin so I'm getting a bit worried.

The biggest issue for me is that I'm lacking the proper tools (and a vise to hold it in place). Is there anyone on here with the right tools that thinks they can knock this thing out? I'm stopping now before I go pay someone.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Mike

Go see dave at Bartow Knife and Gun, he can knock it out for ya! if not come by my place and I'll give it a wack, lol. All kidding aside the vise will make the difference.

Get a bfh and a nail set. That's how I get them started. Then once started just drive it out with a regular punch. The convex head of the nail set will help keep it on the pin in the first critical hits.

I'm in McDonough. I can get it off for you if you can get it to me. The Brownells bench block, a big hammer and a good punch will do the trick. Just don't damage the pin any further, or you may have to grind it flat.

Back
Top Bottom