• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Tree Removed

I needed a pine removed from the house. I got two different quotes in the range of $2k.

I ended up renting a towable boom lift for $160, went up to about 40 feet and cut the top 15 feet off, it dropped exactly as planned, came down and cut the next 20' down and the cut it at the trunk.

It's worth considering if you can run a chainsaw.

Wife had me limb about a dozen other trees as well.

I needed a pine removed from the house. I got two different quotes in the range of $2k.

I ended up renting a towable boom lift for $160, went up to about 40 feet and cut the top 15 feet off, it dropped exactly as planned, came down and cut the next 20' down and the cut it at the trunk.

It's worth considering if you can run a chainsaw.

Wife had me limb about a dozen other trees as well.
Thought about that, but mine is probably 75-100 feet tall and five feet in diameter.

SOLGardener SOLGardener ,

Where did you get the towable rental?

I rented from M&R Rentals in Gainesville. Many home depot's have them, but this place was cheaper by far. They actually gave it to me for the weekend for a one day price, which was the cost of a half day at HD. If you get one, you'll need it for a day. My yards isn't level anywhere, so leveling the lift sometimes took 10 to 15 minutes of positioning. A good bit of time was burned just in set up. More than once I had it set up and when I went up, I need it back 1 more foot to reach what I needed to. Wouldn't have been the same if my yards wasnt a hillside.

Back
Top Bottom