• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Neg dat ass Yay or Nay?

Leave negative feedback

• Total voters
That's why I posed the question. We've been told by other mods in the past that a seller is free to do with their property whatever they see fit. Including cancelling a sale in order to make a better trade, sale, closer meeting place, etc., etc., etc. I'm just wondering how much time needs to be between the cancelation and the agreed upon time for the set deal meet in order for a neg to not stick. And.... how does it work when a buyer agrees to purchase an item that is to be packed and shipped? How long are they allowed to string a seller along before they can give some lame excuse as to why they cannot send the agreed upon amount for payment?
We get people reporting other members or giving negs all the time because "I thought we had a deal" when they did not per the rules (or invariably it was in text). THAT is when we have to inform them it's not their property and the seller is free to do what he wants.. However, the rules of what constitute a 'deal' here are very clear, for this very reason. Now you don't have to buy it. But if you told a man and confirmed via PM you are going to meet him at a certain place at a certain time on a certain day, you have to show up (unless you mutually agree to cancel of course).

I don't disagree that's how you should do it, I'm just a little confused as to when a neg will stick. We've been told two things. If the rule going forward is a cancelation has to be mutual, otherwise a neg will stick (and hopefully not a retaliatory neg) then that's great.

So you can neg this guy for being honest and telling the buyer his brother wanted it?
What if the seller was in the hospital from a wreck? I was taught the feedback was for actually trades and how they went, I didn't know it was a contract? This is the type of Liberal bullSh*t that give gun people a bad Rap!!!

Had a deal lined up on morning of deal sent em a text regarding where were to meet. I offering $100 over asking price to drive an hour round trip. I guess I should have previewed text . I hate txting. any how he texted me back saying wasn't gonna come. cause he did not like my attitude ?? this was an old timer with 100+ pos & 1 neg. I didnt need his 22 lr with brace, wifey liked it! pms only going forward f''' text. if deal was all on pms wifey would be happy cause she had already ordered a binary trig,

1) So you can neg this guy for being honest and telling the buyer his brother wanted it?
2) What if the seller was in the hospital from a wreck?
I was taught the feedback was for actually trades and how they went, I didn't know it was a contract? This is the type of Liberal bullSh*t that give gun people a bad Rap!!!
1) Yes.
2) By the rules, you 'could' still neg him. But that would be pretty crappy of you.
The thing with 'rules' is, it would be great if people would use them as INTENDED, in this case to let people know about bad traders. The problems come where you think something is bad and I don't. For example, you may think cancelling a deal because he wants to sell to someone he likes better is acceptable. I may not. Nothing says you MUST leave a neg (guy decides to sell to his brother). The rules simply attempt to spell out when you CAN. They are an attempt to remove emotion from the equation.
I generally try and treat people like I would like to treat people.

So you can neg this guy for being honest and telling the buyer his brother wanted it?
What if the seller was in the hospital from a wreck? I was taught the feedback was for actually trades and how they went, I didn't know it was a contract? This is the type of Liberal bullSh*t that give gun people a bad Rap!!!
Wait until I start really digging with questions.

Back
Top Bottom