neighbors drive on my land

If the neighbor has been using that bit to access his property for seven years (in Georgia as mentioned above) and he's not using the bit for any other purpose, he has a right to continue using it. If it's been less than 7 years and no pre-existing easement was granted by the previous owner of your property, I'd try to work something out with the neighbor or just not worry about it unless he goes to doing something else on the bit he uses.

When the house next door sold a few years ago, the new owners did not bother to pay for a survey and they thought they owned a substantial part of our property based on google maps. I explained google maps is not accurate or legal and the only legal document is the plat from the court house.

I provided a copy of the plat from the court house for our property and the tax statement showing legal ownership and asked them to go to the courthouse and get a copy of their plat and we could measure it off together.

I never heard anything again from them and when they sold the house last year the new owners accepted the property line from our plat but did not pay for a survey.

It amazes me that anyone would spend a small fortune on a home but are too cheap to pay for a survey so that they know 100% what they own.

When the house next door sold a few years ago, the new owners did not bother to pay for a survey and they thought they owned a substantial part of our property based on google maps. I explained google maps is not accurate or legal and the only legal document is the plat from the court house.

I provided a copy of the plat from the court house for our property and the tax statement showing legal ownership and asked them to go to the courthouse and get a copy of their plat and we could measure it off together.

I never heard anything again from them and when they sold the house last year the new owners accepted the property line from our plat but did not pay for a survey.

It amazes me that anyone would spend a small fortune on a home but are too cheap to pay for a survey so that they know 100% what they own.
LOL, you can have it. Less grass for me to cut.

jk. I cut a parcel of my neighbor's yard every time I mow and edge her driveway and frontage. Her son in law would mow my entire yard, front, sides and back while I was spending 24/7 taking care of my dad last year. I love my neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom