Never take your college student to a gun show or my Martini-Henry adventure

MILSURP Collector

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Airborne Ranger
291   0
Reaction score
So I met my UGA Junior at the Gun Show in Gwinnett intent on selling my Garand, met a few ODTers there and rather than sell I bought one of my son's Unicorns.

I will admit it is cool and historic and I did what I normally never do, bought the bayonet. Can't wait to shoot the big thing! We got 10 rounds anybody have a source for relatively cheap ,577/.450? Damn I thought 30-40 Krag and 45/70 was expensive!

I will definitely give a range report in the near future!

PS

It is only money and we learned our lesson a couple of years ago when we passed on a riot gun marked Alcatraz!

IMG_5635.JPG
IMG_5636.JPG
IMG_5637.JPG
IMG_5638.JPG
IMG_5639.JPG

So I met my UGA Junior at the Gun Show in Gwinnett intent on selling my Garand, met a few ODTers there and rather than sell I bought one of my son's Unicorns.

I will admit it is cool and historic and I did what I normally never do, bought the bayonet. Can't wait to shoot the big thing! We got 10 rounds anybody have a source for relatively cheap ,577/.450? Damn I thought 30-40 Krag and 45/70 was expensive!

I will definitely give a range report in the near future!

PS

It is only money and we learned our lesson a couple of years ago when we passed on a riot gun marked Alcatraz!

View attachment 753088 View attachment 753091 View attachment 753092 View attachment 753094 View attachment 753095
Don't know a dang thing about it but the story and time spent with your son is worth every penny you spent.. Looks awesome.. I think.. LOL Congrats on a Unicorn find..

Did not make the show today but hoping to get out there tomorrow and pick up some bowling pin ammo from Load Up Ammunition Co..

Back
Top Bottom