• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New additions to the family:M1917, Type 99 and Type 38 Carbine

daytonlawvol

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
57   1
Reaction score
picked these up over the past week. The type 99 is a standard "last ditch" and although I already have one, these remain pretty much the last under milsurp under $200 consistently. The type 38 carbine has seen better days but I have never seen one before in person and the price was right on the money. The metal has some discoloration and the bore needs a LOT of cleaning but it does have a full Mum.

The M1917 is an Eddystone I picked up from a fellow ODTer. Had been looking for one for a while and had to pull the trigger on it. Such a beautiful rifle, feels very substantial in your hands. Every part I have seen is an Eddystone so far, but haven't detail stripped yet. The scratches on the bottom are character I suppose. Thanks to bulletpaluza for pointing me in the direction of the 1917,

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 23
picked these up over the past week. The type 99 is a standard "last ditch" and although I already have one, these remain pretty much the last under milsurp under $200 consistently. The type 38 carbine has seen better days but I have never seen one before in person and the price was right on the money. The metal has some discoloration and the bore needs a LOT of cleaning but it does have a full Mum.

The M1917 is an Eddystone I picked up from a fellow ODTer. Had been looking for one for a while and had to pull the trigger on it. Such a beautiful rifle, feels very substantial in your hands. Every part I have seen is an Eddystone so far, but haven't detail stripped yet. The scratches on the bottom are character I suppose. Thanks to bulletpaluza for pointing me in the direction of the 1917,

Very nice!

Back
Top Bottom