• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New ar15 won't go into battery

Does the Tula get stuck in the chamber if you try cycling it by hand?

If I cycle by hand it does and I have to hit the forward assist. Also if it's the first round in the mag. As long as it's not the first round it has no problem feeding. It's a PSA and will eat anything, just won't take the first bite if it's Tula, just have to "coax" it (forward assist) and it will run like a champ.

Today I pulled the bullet from the same Tula ammo and retested with just a case by letting the bolt fly into battery. The case ejects fine. It looks as though the throat of the bore is just tight. Then I chambered a live round with black marker by the same manner and it ejected by hnnd with a little resistance. There is a faint ring on the jacketed bullet. It seems as this should be ok.

Last edited:
Today I pulled the bullet from the same Tula ammo and retested with just a case by letting the bolt fly into battery. The case ejects fine. It looks as though the throat of the bore is just tight. Then I chambered a live round with black marker by the same manner and it ejected by hnnd with a little resistance. There is a faint ring on the jacketed bullet. It seems as this should be ok.

Sounds like you're narrowing it down. If the throat or lead are short, you may have issues with excessive pressure. Might be time to pull the barrel and contact Ice Arms.

Back
Top Bottom