• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New ar15 won't go into battery

So, I just tried to dry cycle a couple of rounds and the bolt problems are fixed but the rounds are getting stuck in the chamber. It takes every thing I've got on the charging handle to clear every couple rounds.

So, I just tried to dry cycle a couple of rounds and the bolt problems are fixed but the rounds are getting stuck in the chamber. It takes every thing I've got on the charging handle to clear every couple rounds.

That actually sounds like a chamber issue. Though the no-name bolt could certainly be out of spec. Does it lock and unlock without issue on an empty chamber?

Last edited:
I have honestly never heard of either manufacturer of either part:croc:

Since New Town everyone is in the gun business.. No matter if they know what they are doing or not. This means out of spec crappy parts are more common place.

The barrel, yes, the BCG, no. My guess, based on the no-name manufacturer, is that the extractor is out of spec from the factory.

This, this and this! Don't ya know that parts is parts?! ;) The parts market is the worst I've ever seen it. Way too many people out there selling junk.

It locks and unlocks without a round in it fine. When the rounds get stuck, the lugs on the bolt that I can see look like they are unlocked from barrel extension. It seems like the chamber is too tight, is it possible it could still be a bolt problem? I contacted the bcg manufacturer and they offered to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom