• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New Car Purchase On Last Day Of Year?

Buying a car on emotions is how you overspend on your purchase. Like many have said, if you don't like the deal, walk! Dealers know that a serious, qualified buyer that walks out the door will be driving a new car within 3 days if another vehicle is available.

My experience to buy 5 new cars in 20 years, I get all information about the future car. Normally, I went with my son or brother-in-law, let my wife at home. I did many stops to buy a right one and good deals. All dealers tell you that you get deal at the end month or year that's scam.

What I find to be interesting so far, on this thread, is the advise to be "combative" if you will, with the salesman....telling them, your are going to pay this, or you are going to pay that....offering $500 over invoice....that is, if you can even get a sales person to listen to you...after going to three toyota dealerships recently, and viewing their inventory....I think that they would more than likely tell you to leave.....this is based upon an inventory observation....when they are selling the cars that have not yet arrived, I seriously doubt they intend to listen to someone TELLING them what they are going to pay for a car, that the dealer doesn't even have on the lot yet....man....if you start looking at the new cars, they don't even come out of the showroom.....you're going to have to yell at them, from outside, to tell them you're not paying this, and not paying that, while they are inside writing up contracts.....it doesn't appear likely, today, you are going to get a "deal" on a new car.....am I wrong here?? what am I missing??

What I find to be interesting so far, on this thread, is the advise to be "combative" if you will, with the salesman....telling them, your are going to pay this, or you are going to pay that....offering $500 over invoice....that is, if you can even get a sales person to listen to you...after going to three toyota dealerships recently, and viewing their inventory....I think that they would more than likely tell you to leave.....this is based upon an inventory observation....when they are selling the cars that have not yet arrived, I seriously doubt they intend to listen to someone TELLING them what they are going to pay for a car, that the dealer doesn't even have on the lot yet....man....if you start looking at the new cars, they don't even come out of the showroom.....you're going to have to yell at them, from outside, to tell them you're not paying this, and not paying that, while they are inside writing up contracts.....it doesn't appear likely, today, you are going to get a "deal" on a new car.....am I wrong here?? what am I missing??
You are not missing anything when it comes to Toyotas right now, especially any of their desired/low inventory models. Now Ford/Chevy/Ram right now according to the last inventory article I read have 71 days supply which is better than they have had in a long time...so they have incentives and wanna move product.

Those 3 are laying off workers and cutting back production, so prepare to see the ridiculous incentives soon.

I looked for a long time to finally get mine..One thing was a must for me including Carmax, was to see the history of where the trucks were sold new. Then check the history of all the states it had been...That told me which were prone to rust..The trucks out west had the least if any..Mine has a pristine undercarriage
I like that idea

Depends on a infinite amount of scenarios

so, in other words....you need to wait for these to align....that'll me the 5th Sunday in necktember
thank God I don't buy a need car except every now, and again....last one was 20 years...I guess I'll just go, and get what I get

Back
Top Bottom