New Colt 7.62

shootin4fun

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Veritas Aequitas
188   0
Reaction score
Anybody held one yet? I fell in love yesterday with the new Colt 7.62 AR. Cherokee trading post had them for around 2 grand. Awesome weapon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 187
They are nice but expensive. It appears they havent been selling very well and the price and dealer promotions on them have been coming steadily here recently. There are a few other options when considering getting into this platform that I think are equally as nice but not so expensive. Look into some of the DPMS models like GoNoGo mentioned or even the Ruger SR762.

I looked for one of these when I was buying my 716, but never could track one down. I was a little surprised at the weight for a DI gun as it is listed just a hair heavier than mine. There is the advantage of being able to slap a 5.56 upper on it with some kind of adapter, I'm sure. In all I like the 1-10" twist, selectable gas and piston system on the 716 a bit better for the same price if not cheaper now...

The only thing that rifle has going for it is the 5.56 adapter block so you can use a 5.56 Colt upper on the .308 lower. Cool concept, bad pricing!

I'm a Colt rifle guy but also somewhat frugal and value oriented so I don't know what it (7.62 colt) can do that a $900 DPMS with decent lightweight rail can do near-equally:confused:

I am going to agree with this. I have ar15's and AK's. The appeal for my with 7.62 is that I know my AK's will eat anything I put in them. It would be cool, but at the end of the day not something I grab when the S hits the fan.

Back
Top Bottom