• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New EDC--Tops Felony Stop

shaneadams90

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
73   0
Reaction score
So I have been working through several EDC Karambits and have not found my "Perfect EDC"...So while I work out the details of a custom "PERFECT EDC" for Me, I thought I would give this knife a try...It is a little larger than my TDI but has potential....will give some more info later and give some thoughts on how it is working...

From the initial inspection I can tell you it is a solid knife, beefier than an Izula, maybe closer to an Esee 3 in construction just smaller...Double edged and VERY SHARP...The sheath is well made and has some adjustment built into it as to what angle you can carry the knife in...

I will carry it at 11 O'clock for a left hand draw, just to the left of my button on my jeans...we will see how it wears soon enough...

Here is some info on the knife from the Tops Website:
TOPS Knives Felony Stop Knife Double Edge Fixed Blade (3.5" Gray Plain) FELS-01

The Felony Stop feels like its design... smooth, sharp and aggressive, with a good flow starting with the draw and a multi-position sheath setup. The Designer, Laci Szabo, has put so much talent and street smarts into its design and development. The Felony Stop features a double-edged spear point blade with jimping on the back base for thumb traction. The handle is contoured gray micarta. Also includes a Kydex sheath with fixed metal clip.
Designer Laci Szabo's background includes: Prior U.S. Marine Corps, Presently SWAT Team active duty Police Officer, Thai Boxing, American Kempo, Kali and American Knife fighting. Laci Szabo is also a Bowie knife instructor certified under Mr. James Keating.

Specifications:
Overall Length: 7.19"
Top Edge: 2.25"
Bottom Edge: 3.5"
Blade Thickness: 3/16"
Blade Steel: 1095 High Carb.
Handle Material: Gray Micarta
Weight: 5.4 oz.
Weight w/Sheath: 7.1 oz.
Sheath: Kydex
Designed by: Laci Szabo
Mfg. Handcrafted in the USA
*Each knife individually numbered with a serial number

photo copy.jpg

Here is another pic next to an Esee3 for reference and a view of the sheath.
photo copy 2.jpg

Last edited:
That is a very beautiful knive.....Ray

Thanks Ray...will take a few more pics tomorrow after carrying for a bit...will see how it goes...it is a good looking knife...although I am not crazy about the writing on the handle....I may die the grips a bit more or at least color them a bit....
shane

That is a very interesting design.
It looks much more useful than a purely defensive fighting knife.
Looking forward to your thoughts after carrying it for a bit!

Had an hour round trip drive in the car and then been very busy and active in the mechanic shop and sales floor...I had to wear the knife on the Right side (at 1 O'clock) because of the position of the clip. Speaking of the clip it is VERY robust and very secure....maybe too much so....I still have to do some adjusting to get it where I want it....but it is an SAE allen and all I have at the shop is metric...once I do that I will carry it at 11 o'clock....

more to come....so far so good...

Full Report:

So today I took an Intermediate Pistol course from Monte at Protective Measures.. I was lucky enough to shoot the course with some friends and some ODT'ers I had never met..This was a very active class the went from 9am - 5:30 and had us shooting, kneeling, and crawling all over the range through gravel and mud. I decided I would "Train like I carry" and keep the Felony STop on to see how it affected me..

Honestly, I wore this knife all day with NO ISSUES....it never pinched, gouged or other wise inhibited or interfered with my movement in any way...I work it at 1 o'clock and never took it off...

At a break in the action I showed the knife to Monte and several other members, all of which had positive remarks for the knife..it is as solid as my buddies Esee4 but closer in size, albeit more compact, than my Esee3 while being more robust.

All in all....I am very pleased with the Tops Felony Stop and would recommend it......

Back
Top Bottom