• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New From Woodstock - Need help finding range, church, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Mac

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
38   0
Reaction score
I really like TOT.

Moving from FL to Woodstock in early July with my wife and kids (work relocation). I've already been working in the ATL/Smyrna area for months and really like it here.

1. Looking for a good church.
2. Looking for a good place to take my kids squirrel and rabbit hunting since they have zero experience.
3. We're preppers and would like to connect with like minded people in the area
4. Looking for a decent range where I can build my shooting skills (100 yards preferred).

Thanks - looking forward to contributing.

Chris

A little advise my pastor in New Mexico gave me when I moved to GA re finding a church. Take it for what is worth.

"I could recommend you a church, or you could ask around and see what is working for other people around you regarding a church, but wouldn't it be best to let god place you where he wants you?

Try this. Wake up one Sunday morning and get ready for church. Load the family into the car and say a little prayer. Let God know you are ready to follow him where ever he wants you to go, and ask him for his guidance showing you to your new home. Start driving around. Drive in a circular motion around your neighborhood getting further from your house each pass until you find a church that is just getting ready to have service. Park your car and go inside. Give this church at least 3 visits before writing it off as wrong for you and your family."

I know it sounds crazy, but when I first moved to GA, I moved to Kennesaw and knew nobody. I tried this one Sunday, and found an amazing church that had I not moved 60 miles away, I would still be attending on a regular basis. I still return from time to time just to visit and check in on some of the people I don't keep in contact with.

As I said, I know it sounds crazy at first, but when you think about it, it is putting your faith in trust in God to show you where he wants you, which after all is what being a Christian is all about.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to GA and the ODT.

That is good advice and living around Woodstock there are tons of chruches of all denominations, from very small to extremely large. Prayers be with you and your family during your search. Welcome to Woodstock and the trader...........but be warned, the Trader is addictive...............

Just an FYI , The largest Baptist church in Georgia and maybe the country (First Baptist of Woodstock) is in Woodstock at the corner of Neese Rd. and HWY 92.
Welcome to the ODT

A little advise my pastor in New Mexico gave me when I moved to GA re finding a church. Take it for what is worth.

"I could recommend you a church, or you could ask around and see what is working for other people around you regarding a church, but wouldn't it be best to let god place you where he wants you?

Try this. Wake up one Sunday morning and get ready for church. Load the family into the car and say a little prayer. Let God know you are ready to follow him where ever he wants you to go, and ask him for his guidance showing you to your new home. Start driving around. Drive in a circular motion around your neighborhood getting further from your house each pass until you find a church that is just getting ready to have service. Park your car and go inside. Give this church at least 3 visits before writing it off as wrong for you and your family."

I know it sounds crazy, but when I first moved to GA, I moved to Kennesaw and knew nobody. I tried this one Sunday, and found an amazing church that had I not moved 60 miles away, I would still be attending on a regular basis. I still return from time to time just to visit and check in on some of the people I don't keep in contact with.

As I said, I know it sounds crazy at first, but when you think about it, it is putting your faith in trust in God to show you where he wants you, which after all is what being a Christian is all about.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to GA and the ODT.

Excellent advise, well said...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom