• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New guy

Are you looking to target shoot/plink at longer ranges or shoot NRA Rifle Matches.
CMP Talladega(public)
--New Steel Target Range being built now, 500-600yrds
--monthly NRA 800agg match
--monthly NRA MidRange match
RiverBend(private) matches are open to the public
SouthRiver(private) matches are open to the public
FloydCountyWildlifeClub(private) matches are open to the public
--monthly CMP GSMM match

Are you looking to target shoot/plink at longer ranges or shoot NRA Rifle Matches.
CMP Talladega(public)
--New Steel Target Range being built now, 500-600yrds
RiverBend(private) matches are open to the public
SouthRiver(private) matches are open to the public
FloydCountyWildlifeClub(private) matches are open to the public
--monthly CMP GSMM match

So as of right now I am only looking to plink at longer ranges. I have a huge love of battle rifles and really want to stretch their legs. Before I moved I shot a lot of USPSA and 3 gun a lot and want to get back into that. I have also really wanted to shoot a CMP match so the CMP Talladega range might be my new home.

I have really been toying with the concept of building a MK13 Mod 5 (yes I am a cloner, guilty as charged but in my defense it is also part of my job) and I would want a range past 1000 yards. Any public ranges like that?

Attachments

• MK13 MOD 5.jpg
    MK13 MOD 5.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 14
I have really been toying with the concept of building a MK13 Mod 5 (yes I am a cloner, guilty as charged but in my defense it is also part of my job) and I would want a range past 1000 yards. Any public ranges like that?

DeadZeroShooting in Tennessee has 1000yrds.
Any gun will fall into one of the many categories at a NRA MidRange Match. Try them at CMP or RiverBend.
Both ranges shoot the 3x600 course of fire.
https://cihprs.wildapricot.org/page-1851250

Hello everyone. Just moved out here from a very very restricted state and I am really happy to breathe the fresh air of freedom. I am however in search of a new range to shoot at particularly long distance. From my google searching the most I am seeing is 150 yards on public ranges. I saw a few membership only ranges that had a little more but I am more looking into public since my work schedule keeps me from shooting as much as I would like.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome aboard.

Back
Top Bottom