• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New here and already got cursed out

Does a persons race determined if you sell them a gun.

• YES

• NO

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Private messages cover your ass in terms of feedback.

Welcome! And good luck with the crowd. They are ruthless

Welcome! As one LEO to Another this is a great site. I have dealt with many different people here and never had a problem. And yes some have been black, Vietnamese, Hispanic, and as stated before money has but one color. Green. Oh and their is one guy that wears a purple pimp hat, and sells fancy soap. But don't let that scare ya, he's a good egg.

There are knuckle heads everywhere we go these days, sorry you ran into one here right off the bat.

I will buy or sell only to legal Ga residents, color has nothing to do with it. Most here are the same way.

I will always ask for a Ga gun license, as that pretty much proves eligibility. Your LEO creds do the same thing. The reason I want proof of eligibility comes from a run in with some ATF agents doing a sting at a local gunshow 12 years ago.

So, if someone is hesitant about a sale, the reason may not be what first comes to mind.

Welcome and enjoy the ODT and what it has to offer.

Welcome and sorry for your bad experience. I agree with the previous posts. Most folks here are good to deal with. Sorry to hear the some scumbag stole you wife's gun. I am pretty sure if look around you can find what you are looking for.
Again Welcome!

Hello all i just joined yesterday and a went looking for a 38 special for my wife. Her car was broken into and they took her edc gun. so i set off looking.
1st. I did find one thank god
2nd. Im almost sure the person i sent a message to didn't like that fact that i am black and I'm using this form and said somthing to the effect of I'm not sell you anything so you can "give it to one of your homies". that was racial I'm sure
but what he didn't know was I'm am APD officer. and have be for 3 years now
3rd. Do most people dance around the sell? because i don't if i see something i want i send a straight and to the point message. * hey i would like to buy this gun today if possible give me a call *
What do you think.

Welcome to the trader!

Ignore the old honkies.

I'll sell to most anyone that's over 18 and a Georgia resident. Everyone has the right to self defense.

I've had more trouble with non-responsive old timers than newbies lately.

Sorry you had a bad experience but at least for me, it's an exception not the norm.

As for the race question, I'm looking forward to the "ray gun" forum when the aliens arrive and start trading. All traders welcome in my book.

To all REAL Law Enforcement officers (not this guy)
THANK YOU for your service! Crazy world, we all live in, but I don't fear for my life at work.
Most likely it was more a response to your' "call me" since you have 0 feedback and under 5 posts.
I find folks on here are more prejudice towards newbies, just my opinion.
Welcome NOT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom