• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New Location Prefix System Feedback & Suggestions, take two!

Do you like the New location system in the trading post?

• Yes, I love it!

Votes: 50 49.5%
  • I like it, but I want a few more regions added.

Votes: 20 19.8%
  • I liked it better the old way!

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • And of course, tacos. (Tacos means you don't care either way)

Votes: 17 16.8%

• Total voters
I'm getting more and more frustrated with this pointless system.....

I actually live in "ATL"...and when I sort through the threads by location I'm getting tons of people just putting the metro atlanta prefix infront of their threads even though they are in macon, or columbus, or canton, or somewhere 1-2 hours away. Total deal killer and a waste of my time...I find myself before even asking anything about a firearm i'm interested having to ask where they are located first. It's just an added annoyance that didnt resolved the old problem....perhaps at registration make everyone have to post their zip or a pull down of counties located in.

I'm getting tons of people just putting the metro atlanta prefix infront of their threads even though they are in macon, or columbus, or canton, or somewhere 1-2 hours away.

I've seen this as well, but made the assumption that meant they were willing to drive to metro atlanta. It makes more sense to me to put where you're willing to meet as the prefix and not your actual location

ETA: I'm still a fan of the system, it does save me a little bit of time even if its not precise. I don't waste time clicking on ads from south Georgia anymore. I wonder though if I am missing out on "customers" by putting one prefix over another (Is Gwinnett North East, or Metro ATL?)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom