• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New MP Smith and Wesson folding carbine.

While a 5.56 carbine will easily outperform a PCC, I find that my Sub-2000 is useful in one regard: It is LIGHT - around 4 lbs or so. I can fold it up and tuck it between the kidney pad and bag on my ALICE pack and go for a hike. It's slim and hides well tucked in there, but is still fairly quick to get at and deploy.

If I need it I get more bullet velocity and energy, and the aforementioned 3 points of contact for accuracy.

I've always wondered: What if someone took a 9mm Sub 2000, added a .40 S&W bolt, then reamed out the chamber for 357 SIG. Would it work? Would it blow up?

Ballistics by the inch says a 16" barrel would put a 125 grain bullet at 1750 fps. Still not in "real" rifle territory, but dang.

Kel-Tec, are you listening?

Sorry, we're a bit busy right now...

giphy.gif

While a 5.56 carbine will easily outperform a PCC, I find that my Sub-2000 is useful in one regard: It is LIGHT - around 4 lbs or so. I can fold it up and tuck it between the kidney pad and bag on my ALICE pack and go for a hike. It's slim and hides well tucked in there, but is still fairly quick to get at and deploy.

If I need it I get more bullet velocity and energy, and the aforementioned 3 points of contact for accuracy.

I've always wondered: What if someone took a 9mm Sub 2000, added a .40 S&W bolt, then reamed out the chamber for 357 SIG. Would it work? Would it blow up?

Ballistics by the inch says a 16" barrel would put a 125 grain bullet at 1750 fps. Still not in "real" rifle territory, but dang.

If you really want to find out, there are a few .357 SIG AR barrels floating around out there. Pretty sure it's going to be a handful in a blowback action and beat the receiver up even with the right combo of springs and buffer.

I’d take one in .45 ACP set up for Glock mags

It's kind of a neat idea for a bug-out or truck gun if you already carry a M&P.

Probably a lot more robust than the Sub 2K, but I doubt you will ever see it use anything but Smith mags.

It won't give you much ballistic improvement over a full sized handgun. Ballistics By The Inch shows a Speer GD picks up about 120 fps between a 5" and 16" barrel length.

Still, it'll be a lot easier to hit with at a reasonable distance than a pistol for most folks.

I've always wondered: What if someone took a 9mm Sub 2000, added a .40 S&W bolt, then reamed out the chamber for 357 SIG.
somebody on ARF (gunwriter?) was a great gun tester. he was building a 6-7" Glock in a Flux and did both 357sig and that (i forget exactly, 9x25? Dillon) and it was SCREAMING out of there with an extended barrel. he had Level III penetration speeds at 100+ yards. seemed like a great option.

I will probably get the Smith. I have owned several keltec since they came out. My logical thinking is with the keltec rebate you can get one for probably around 340 out the door.
Found the Smith for 549 plus taxes.
if I order the trigger complete kit from mcarbo it is around 249. Includes other things besides the trigger. The swing away optic mount is 140 For the keltec.
smith can mount the red dot directly. Trigger on the smith around 5 to 6 pounds. I already own two Smith mp handguns.

Back
Top Bottom