• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New "national" ads

abailey362

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
215   0
Reaction score
I see that there are some non-local companies in ad rotation on the site now. Are set up individually, or all part of a package?
I tried to go to the one for cheap ammo, but they want a credit card # before it gives shipping price.

I see that there are some non-local companies in ad rotation on the site now. Are set up individually, or all part of a package?
I tried to go to the one for cheap ammo, but they want a credit card # before it gives shipping price.

All the national ads are supplied by a third party advertiser, just started yesterday and we're doing a one month trial run with them. If it works out it should provide enough revenue to cover all the operating costs of the site.

There shouldn't be any animated or flashing ads, I've noticed a couple tonight, should have it worked out first of the week.

I just can't stand stuff flashing and moving around when I'm trying to read a thread.

There shouldn't be any animated or flashing ads, I've noticed a couple tonight, should have it worked out first of the week.

I just can't stand stuff flashing and moving around when I'm trying to read a thread.

Thank you thank you thank you. Also try to make sure they don't allow popups and popunders.

I just hate when they change size and the text of the whole screen jumps up and down as they do. As long as they stay the same size I can scroll past them.

All the national ads are supplied by a third party advertiser, just started yesterday and we're doing a one month trial run with them. If it works out it should provide enough revenue to cover all the operating costs of the site.

glad to see new revenue stream....the site has to be getting expensive with the added traffic.
Wasn't complaining, just wondering of what all we'd see in rotation and how "legit" the companies are lol

as long as we don't have a giant chevy truck take over the whole screen when trying to look at an ad I'm good with it

Thank you thank you thank you. Also try to make sure they don't allow popups and popunders.

I just hate when they change size and the text of the whole screen jumps up and down as they do. As long as they stay the same size I can scroll past them.

glad to see new revenue stream....the site has to be getting expensive with the added traffic.
Wasn't complaining, just wondering of what all we'd see in rotation and how "legit" the companies are lol

as long as we don't have a giant chevy truck take over the whole screen when trying to look at an ad I'm good with it

Agreed!

Man, you are so right... I spend a lot less time on glocktalk. Sometimes I can't even use the site because of the ads. Of course, that site isn't near as cool as this one anyway...

I'm keeping a list of ads I've seen that are animated so they can be removed next week. If you notice any I haven't listed below please add it.

So far I have:

cameraland
frontsight
airsplat

Back
Top Bottom