• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New price for Lifetime license $375

MSAA Personal

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
477   1
Reaction score
Just received this email Seems like a deal to me. I really don't hunt much but but fish & I like to support wildlife.
Just paid for this years sportsman license for $65 & I'm 52

Lifetime License Cost Reduced for Age 50-59!

Georgia residents have the opportunity to purchase a lifetime license at a reduced cost once you reach the age of 50. Whether you hunt or fish, or both, from age 50-59 you can get a Lifetime License for $375.

Cost Comparison: If, at age 50, you annually purchased a sportsman’s license ($65) for the next 15 years, your overall cost would be $975. Buying a lifetime license at $375 would average out to $25 per year. And it continues to provide you with all the same privileges for the rest of your life beyond those 15 years since there is not a free license offered at age 65 for those born after June 30, 1952.

Once you purchase a lifetime license, you will never have to buy another license to hunt or fish again, for life.

How to purchase a lifetime license:

1. Visit our webpage to get information

2. Fill out the application

3. Mail it in to the address listed on the form with your payment

lifetime-license-contest-collage-banner-with-softne_crop.jpg

Your lifetime license purchase also makes a “lifetime difference” in the support of wildlife, habitat restoration and improvement, and other conservation efforts.

How do licenses help wildlife? The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service’s Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Programs are dedicated to wildlife and fisheries. These programs receive funds from excise taxes on guns, bows, ammunition, fishing tackle, some boat engines and small engine fuel. Funds are given to states largely according to license sales. So, more licenses sold (not free) each year results in more federal funds to benefit our resources (lifetime licenses count as a license purchase every year) In Georgia, these funds are approximately $19 million a year and help restore habitat and improve wildlife populations, among other conservation efforts.

Lifetime License Information HERE

Thank you for supporting wildlife, fisheries and public lands with your license purchases!

Indeed a great investment.
I've had a Lifetime Sportsman's License for many years ($400 for Veterans) and it has easily paid for itself.

I'm in for one, not only to save a few bucks, but because the license remains valid even if our "official" State of residence changes. If our house ever sells we are thinking about getting a place in Florida on some good fishing water and then spend some time there and some time at our place in the mountains. I had been worried about having to pay for non-resident hunting/fishing licenses until I saw their email about that this morning.

Back
Top Bottom