• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

new S&W 12 gauge bullpup shotgun.

steviesterno

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
71   0
Reaction score
Y'all see this new monstrosity today? It's a dual tube, single barrel 12 gauge that's pump operated. Holds 14 or so rounds, weighs 8.25 pounds and looks like a Keltec to me.
what are your thoughts on it? I was much more interested in trying one until I saw the MSRP of $1200...

Y'all see this new monstrosity today? It's a dual tube, single barrel 12 gauge that's pump operated. Holds 14 or so rounds, weighs 8.25 pounds and looks like a Keltec to me.
what are your thoughts on it? I was much more interested in trying one until I saw the MSRP of $1200...
Yes, the $1200 is a very big consideration. I do like the range of shotshells they're at least implying are usable.

1629212033179.png

KSGs in the beginning were very high. You can buy them now much cheaper. I know, I have one and have had it up for sale at one time or another but no takers. I think that with some time this will go down in price as well....

I think they are too late to the party on this one but they will probably sell a few. Hopefully more reliable than KSG.

I'll stick with my Tavor TS-12 because it's "full semi auto" but I'm always glad to see makers introducing new stuff.
BamaFan BamaFan do you like the Tavor? I recently got to shoot a tavor rifle and loved it more than I thought. If the S&W and Tavor are the same price it makes it more applicable. I've got a ton of time behind traditional pumps and semis so I'm not new to shotguns.
How many will this new thing hold if you use the Aguila extra short mini shotshells?
video review I watched said it would fit and cycle 20 of the mini shells.

I watched and I think it's the kind of gun you could run dry, but seems like it would be tough or impossible to reload under stress.

I'm sure they will fly off the shelves. Looks much more thought out and engineered than the KSG, and I'd assume they tested it much more than Keltec ever tested the KSG. That said, you still have to manually switch the tubes when the first one runs dry.

outlaw1961 outlaw1961 that was the thing that got me excited. a Sub 2k from them or 10mm M&P 2.0 and I'm a freaking buyer
I agree. I had both gens of the sub2000. Neat concept but a lot of internal plastic parts. Mcarbo sales a 2000 with all metal parts and upgrades for 799. I always thought Ruger would have done one similar but they went in a different direction. James Reeves also said that two more major gun manufacturers were coming out with their own micro size 9 mm. Since kimber debuted the mako yesterday

Back
Top Bottom