• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New to the prepping game

If things really go bad remember the first three rules of survival:
1. Get out of the city.
2. Get out of the city.
3. Get out of the city.
The average family might be able to make it 2-3 weeks on the food they have, if the water supply is disrupted most have no back up or plan. Your choices become watching your neighbors starve or sharing your supplies. Word will get out fast who has supplies. You will become a target. Gangs will quickly form where a vacuum exists as government become nonexistent, as bad as our government is the gangs will be far worse. A place overwhelmed by population and without resources is going to be a dismal and deadly place very rapidly.
I don’t know what your financial resources are or your skill set and nobody has total clarity as to how this will play out. Buying a small lot in a rural area and putting a shack on it might be a good start. Integrate yourself into the community now, go to a church there, hang out at the feed store. Become familiar with your neighbors so that you are not an outsider. Be a man of good character, those are needed and welcomed At all times and most rural areas will see a good neighbor with skills and a willingness to work as an asset.

Every time I go somewhere now, I'm thinking, "what is just one thing I can pick up to add to my "stash"...it really feels slightly addicting, not sure if that is a good or a bad thing...probably good if SHTF and bad...for my wallet.

Every time I go somewhere now, I'm thinking, "what is just one thing I can pick up to add to my "stash"...it really feels slightly addicting, not sure if that is a good or a bad thing...probably good if SHTF and bad...for my wallet.

you might want to get sawyer filter over lifestraw. You can screw sawyer to standard bottle, where lifestray you need to make a way to fill a contaier with clean water

Nice! After you cover basic of 3 weeks of food. Start reading your local news paper and follwing local things on social media so you have better understanding of what goes on around you

Good idea...I don’t pay much attention to local news like I should, more the national news front.

Consider buying bulk rice and beans ( navy, pinto, great northern ), a bag sealer and some mylar bags.
Do some research, some mylar bags come with ziplock seals that can be utilized for partial portions.
Bags will also come with oxygen absorbers. I packed mine in 5 gallon buckets with 2 pounds of coffee, heirloom seed packs, 9 hour candles, bic lighters and a 1 pound container of dry soup mix to flavor the rice/beans. Made several of these and gave them away as Christmas presents, they were very well received.

Prep supplies for 90 days of sheltering in place. Try to network with a few people you can trust with your life.

If things really HTF - We're going to devolve into Mad Max anyway...

(The good one. Not that crap today... :) )

Def going to order a bunch of life straw filters for the family. I already have a good bit of camping gear, including backpack stoves, tarps, tents, etc...working mainly on water/food at the moment...and ammo...

If you are bugging in consider a Sawyer Mini set up as a drip system. It's good for 100K gallons of clean water. All you need is the filter, some reservoirs (I uses a camel back bladder for the dirty) and a container (I use a 5 gallon plastic container they sell at Lowes for the clean) You can also get an inline charcoal filter for taste.

https://sawyer.com/water-filtration... are being,non-profits doing development work.

Attachments

• IMG_20160904_151702.jpg
    IMG_20160904_151702.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom