• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Next Set of guns at auction 100+

Status
Not open for further replies.
****Knives****
20140421_155410.jpg

I think "buyers premiums" are sorta gimmicky. Why not just charge commission to the sellers? Were there a lot of folks at the first auction?

They do charge the sellers, the buyers premium is a way to get more money.
Ever watch the Barrett-Jackson auction? That's how they have gotten rich so dang quick.
For smaller end auctions like this one, it is a way to help cover costs when they don't expect the items to go for big money.

I went to some of the williamson auctions last year, about 60-80 people were showing up for the gun portion.

They do charge the sellers, the buyers premium is a way to get more money.
Ever watch the Barrett-Jackson auction? That's how they have gotten rich so dang quick.
For smaller end auctions like this one, it is a way to help cover costs when they don't expect the items to go for big money.

I went to some of the williamson auctions last year, about 60-80 people were showing up for the gun portion.

And don't think they have not placed shill bidders in the audience.

And don't think they have not placed shill bidders in the audience.

Actually we do not have any bidders in the audience if an item doesn't bring a FAIR price then it will no sale. We normally draw 50-150 people per auction and most everything at the last auction brought a below retail price and only 1 or 2 items were no sales.

Short end of story ......you buy one piece at $1000 and pay cash, then have it shipped after FFL.... it's going to cost $1125 plus whatever your receiver FFL charges?

They need to have a FFL dealer on site and let the customers pick up their guns the same day.

The FFL dealer is closed on sunday so you have to make another trip to pick up your stuff that you already paid for.
And then comes the taxes and the $10 fee PER GUN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom