• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Night vision optics for hog hunting question.

57tr6

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
84   0
Reaction score
The neighborhood has been having problems with hogs and I am thinking of getting set up to do some night hunting. Anyone have any suggestions on some entry level optics that won't break my bank account?

Didn't say I wanted some cheap ass **** but I don't want to pay 4x more than neccessary to do the job if I dont have to.

Entry model usally means cheap ,but for a lil better than $3000 you can get set up with a pvs -14 ,and mount behind a eotech or aimpoint ,but it is still not as good as a dedicated scope.

Several good scopes to be had for $400 and up range. Should not keep you from seeing your back stop.

NV has evolved for years and like flashlights you do not have to have the best name brand to function reasonably well. You generally get what you paid for so don't expect class II or III quality for the cheap. But class I with a fairly clear scope can be had reasonably "cheap"

Several good scopes to be had for $400 and up range. Should not keep you from seeing your back stop.

NV has evolved for years and like flashlights you do not have to have the best name brand to function reasonably well. You generally get what you paid for so don't expect class II or III quality for the cheap. But class I with a fairly clear scope can be had reasonably "cheap"

You can see just good enough with a $400 scope to see the target at 75 yards ,but not the cow or kid that walks behind it at 100.

Back
Top Bottom