• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Nissan Diesel...what?

Been talking about that for a few years now

Personally I will believe it when I see it lol

Last I knew there were delays and issues with a confirmed release date

We have sold every one that has come in so far. Since my delaer is the closest to the local Nissan North America office we get all of their demos, and preproduction units. So far their hasn't been any crazy issues with them.
I personally don't like driving it, as it feels lazy to me. The throttle response is not what I want, but once the turbos spool it has a ton of power.
If you need a diesel buy Ford, Dodge, or Chevy. If you want a truck that is slightly larger than an F150 that will tow 12k lbs and just hace to have a cummins, then you should probably buy one, but be prepared for very expensive service. The first service is a 10k and is not cheap.

My son-in-law had a Dodge with the Cummins and the transmission couldn't handle it. Had it opened up for service 3 times in the year and a half he owned it. It's a beast of an engine.

This is not a cummins inline 6 with crazy power numbers. It is a 5.0 V8 with 310hp and 555Lbft of torque. The aisin trans nissan selected seems to be well paired, but we won't really know until there are higher mileage examples for us to see in the shop.

This is not a cummins inline 6 with crazy power numbers. It is a 5.0 V8 with 310hp and 555Lbft of torque. The aisin trans nissan selected seems to be well paired, but we won't really know until there are higher mileage examples for us to see in the shop.
I am not worried about trans or truck ,,,,the engine though , I think will have tons issues , cummins are known for Inline, not a v motor and I bet there will be issues to come and will take few years to tweak...I will NOT be the ginne pig

Back
Top Bottom