• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

No More NASCAR on Fox!

Who's carrying it next?

Some on TNT, ABC, and ESPN for the rest of the season. Any of those guys do a much better broadcast than FOX. I don't know why the hell FOX even tries, their broadcasts are so poor that it is obvious they don't care about or understand the sport.

If you really want to see left turns I have an old hot wheels track at my house.

Pocono is a very interesting track. It is roughly triangle-shaped, and each of the turns has a little different banking and radius. Devilishly tough track to set up for.

Solar-Farm_og-e1343850484405.jpg

My personal favorite races are the road races. There are only a couple, but they are excellent!

Screen-Shot-2013-06-21-at-5.59.44-PM.png

That is a map of Sonoma-it is coming up on the 22nd. You really should give it a shot! The good drivers almost never even touch the clutch!
(They even show a shot of a couple of the better drivers' feet from time to time. Watch that and get back to me. Very impressive.)

I used to make fun of it too.... Until I saw a couple of road races-those are the ****! Love every minute of them!

Last edited:
Pocono is a very interesting track. It is roughly triangle-shaped, and each of the turns has a little different banking and radius. Devilishly tough track to set up for.

View attachment 289795

My personal favorite races are the road races. There are only a couple, but they are excellent!

View attachment 289784

That is a map of Sonoma-it is coming up on the 22nd. You really should give it a shot! The good drivers almost never even touch the clutch!
(They even show a shot of a couple of the better drivers' feet from time to time. Watch that and get back to me. Very impressive.)

I used to make fun of it too.... Until I saw a couple of road races-those are the ****! Love every minute of them!

I'm just having fun. I enjoy Sonoma and Pocono. I even like the shorter tracks. Seriously just having fun.

I'm just having fun. I enjoy Sonoma and Pocono. I even like the shorter tracks. Seriously just having fun.

Yep-

I know it ain't some people's thing, but I just like to point out that there is more to it than just the big speedways. Those can be boring. And honestly, I thought it was all just left turn ovals before I started learning more about it.

I am not really a super fan by any means, but it can be pretty cool. I like the variety of tracks. There is a heck of a lot of difference between a half-mile short track and Sonoma or Pocono. A lot of folks don't know about that variety.

View attachment 289795

View attachment 289784

I've seen them run twice now at Watkins Glen.
Very cool, especially now with the big screens everywhere, you get to see more of the race, not just the 1/2 mile in front of you.

Back
Top Bottom