• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quick Question On Currently Airing College Bowl Game on ESPN

mrauditor

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
78   0
Reaction score
This is the Quick Lane Bowl between Bowling Green [7-5] and Minnesota [5-7]. I thought to be bowl-eligible a college team had to have a minimum of 6 wins during the season. Minnesota only has 5 wins. Did the rules change or were there no other decent teams to play ? Nothing against Minnesota, just curious. Thanks.

This is the Quick Lane Bowl between Bowling Green [7-5] and Minnesota [5-7]. I thought to be bowl-eligible a college team had to have a minimum of 6 wins during the season. Minnesota only has 5 wins. Did the rules change or were there no other decent teams to play ? Nothing against Minnesota, just curious. Thanks.
Bowl games have become part of the “everyone gets a trophy” BS and have lost their prestige. If you are 6-6 that means you are only a 50% (5-7 even worse) team that needs more practice, better players or better coaches not awarded a spot in a bowl game. Instead they should be told YOU ****ING SUCK so try harder next year.

Well, when you’ve got 86 spots to fill, sometimes you gotta just settle.

Back
Top Bottom