• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No more trout season in Georgia

I'm surprised at this decision. While I was growing up opening day of trout season was a big deal and we all looked forward to it. I will still plan an early spring trout fishing/camping trip every year for me and my son when he gets a little older.

MRS SAR and I plan a week of trout fishing and camping every year. I guess we still can but it will feel a little different for some reason.

Reactions: MRH
Once the summer heat warms up the streams the trout will become lethargic and will not rise as readily to a fly bobbing on the surface. So cooler waters and winter fishing can be very rewarding.
Indeed. Winter trout fishing is great.

It'll be interesting if it lasts. I have to believe this will deplete some streams and cause for cries of more numbers stocked (which of course is more $$$). I guess we'll see.

That's the first thing that came to mind when I read this. The depleted streams, stocking methods and frequency, etc...I have no doubt that many will now fish year round, and often. I also wonder how this will affect North Georgia hunters on WMA's and National parks with fishermen on the streams.

It will really only effect the folks that fish for stockers. Those of us that fish for real trout get an advantage with the winter fishing

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_05_02_4923efa5f90940c0bb18e2b1d12671f7.jpg

I think we got a new trout lover boys!

Back
Top Bottom