• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No pimpin but....Moisin's cheap

woodstock

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
INCARCERATED. DO NOT FEED
77   0
Reaction score
I saw a thread the other day where people were discussing moisin's(hope I spelled it right) and how much they were , but dang if I can find it now.
Was at cherokee gun/pawn and saw a crate full of them for $99- also had the 762x54 on sale too in a tin but didn't write down the price.
So hope that helps whoever was looking for them, and anyone else that could use one.

It seems a large shipment of them must have come in. Many gun shops seem to have the big green crates on the floor.
I saw a couple of crates at The Gun Shop in Sugar Hill at Buford hwy and 20 for the same price.

They are about the last of the cheap, full vintage military surplus guns around. For a hunnerd bucks or so, you can get a complete working 60 to 100+ year old rifle.
I find myself buying a batch, then selling them when they get in the way; then buying another batch. Buy one or two and have fun.

I remember about 15 years ago when I bought one. Paid the same $99 they sell for now. I used to take it with me to the WMA and light it off. Kicked like a MULE but was a great conversation piece and pretty damn accurate. I used to always bring about 50 rounds with me and never brought any ammo home, it was just a bunch of fun with the FIRE AND FURY that it produced.

I need another one!

Cherokee Pawn for $99 is correct for a 91/30, and I'm pretty sure that's with bayonet, ammo pouch, cleaning rod, and cleaning kit. Not a bad deal if you're just starting out in the Mosin collecting. But when you can find them, you can get an M44 which is the carbine length with a mounted side-swinging bayonet for around $140-175 that is WAY more fun than the 91/30. Just my 2 cents worth...

Last edited:
Cherokee Pawn for $99 is correct for a 91/30, and I'm pretty sure that's with bayonet, ammo pouch, cleaning rod, and cleaning kit. Not a bad deal if you're just starting out in the Mosin collecting. But when you can find them, you can get an M44 which is the carbine length with a mounted side-swinging bayonet for around $140-175 that is WAY more fun than the 91/30. Just my 2 cents worth...

I think you are correct, I do recall seeing a bayo on them and they were longer than carbine length, dang I gotta stop thinking about this or I'm going to go buy one....

Or you can just have both :)

We really need a good gun shop around my area. Nobody has anything aywhere. Autrey's in Fayeteville has some crates, but they want $149 each for the 91/30's and $129 for each tin of 72x54r. That's high in my book.

Back
Top Bottom