• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No Scammers

Admin, you should be able to create a list of keywords that automatically ban a post. Just use words from scam posts.
They are similar to most ads, as they are usually copied from another ad.
Find some that way by doing Google searches, but they have learned to just change a word or two and use different pictures.

In the PMs they are quite distinctive and it simply amazes me that there are people still falling for them.

I thought we were to report those things with the report thingy. Anyway with some of the clowns opening account after account the plan will go awry in a short amount of time.

Yes, that is still the preferred way, and probably works as well as anything else we could try. I just hate the idea of anyone of anyone getting scammed but it's a hard thing to really combat.

NO selling allowed until 25 posts are made.

That's just too high of a barrier for entry for me, and you also tend to get 25 terrible junk posts all in a row from new people all the time.

I cannot stress the 2 factor implementation harder, having my account cracked and used for detriment was horrible also if paypal or venmo tell you its a foreign account DONT send them money i mean come on think.

I do agree on this.

I wonder if there is a way to do verified account status like the blue check marks on twitter/Instagram? Might be a little extra trouble but its seems there are a few who enjoy doing faceless deals and some that dont.

I could be wrong, but I don't think this group would appreciate giving up the info that it would take to do a real verification.

We’ve gone from CBD gummies to straight up ads for Rx drugs with no prescription

That's more of a spam bot issue than scam issue.

Some sort or verification process would be ideal, though implementing it would be another story.

Most of the regulars are verified A-holes already so you'd need to just focus on new(er) members.

They are similar to most ads, as they are usually copied from another ad.
Find some that way by doing Google searches, but they have learned to just change a word or two and use different pictures.

In the PMs they are quite distinctive and it simply amazes me that there are people still falling for them.

Ah, I thought you meant those fake accounts posting about herbal supplements and that bs.

I like the idea as mentioned on page 1, of no buying or selling until:

- No buying- Until you have X number of posts (say 10), so this shows you are a participating and contributing member.
- No selling- Until you have at least 3 positive feedback from your purchases- shows you are an actual human being living in the state of GA and can functionally arrange with someone to meet.
This sounds like a great idea on the surface, but may well generate more BS posts than you'd believe just to reach that threshold.

the vetting process is your feedback
Yeah, but that doesn't address the scammer/legit user from the get-go. A verification process could. We were all 0 feedback at one point. Those of us outside the metro area are automatically cut out of a majority of trading opportunities by demographics.

Back
Top Bottom