Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to have a chat about "scammers" and hear suggestions/comments on what we can do to better combat them and keep folks from getting scammed.

I have a couple ideas, I'll start a little list and add anything that sounds promising.

- Thread or Forum where people can post the types of scams they are seeing
- Voting system where if a listing gets X amount of votes it gets pulled as a scam or spam. I can't allow the entire community to have this power or it would get abused, but maybe I could make it a lifetime supporter benefit or something. (We used to have a "Good Deal!" feature where everyone could vote on listings they considered a good deal, but it got abused and was used more ironically than anything, promoting more terrible deals than good ones.) (Side thought, a terrible deal feature could work as well. We could have "Today's Worst Deal" )

Things to look out for so far:
- Do not send money to anyone unless you are 100% sure of who they are. Check feedback, check posts, etc.

We used the “Good deal” ironically because we didn’t have a “bad deal” option……although I find the HaHa emoji works pretty good.

+1 vote for bad deal……not that it matters what I think, lol
So did the popcorn emoji but you get slapped into your corner for using that now.

Back
Top Bottom